Vision for a Community-Owned Gaming Platform
The ultimate goal for Iskra is an autonomous gaming platform, wholly owned and governed by the community. In the early stages of the platform, Iskra will have some key roles to play in order to ensure a stable service delivery and roll out. However, we envision these roles and authority as the platform operator to diminish over time to zero in a phased manner, as the community grows and the platform achieves a higher level of decentralization. Eventually, we want to participate as an autonomous community member just like everyone else in the decentralized future.
Phase I – ISKRA Original:
- Games to be published: Projects sourced by Iskra Team by leveraging its developer network
- Decision-making process: Iskra Team
- Percentage of collected platform fees allocated to Iskra Team: 20%
Phase II – Open Platform:
- Games to be published: A mix of sourced and curated Iskra Team projects and a growing percentage of game studio submissions that are in compliance with the Iskra policies
- Decision-making process: A mix of Iskra Team recommendations, approvals and governance proposal and voting
- Percentage of collected platform fees allocated to Iskra Team: 10%
Phase III – Community-Owned Platform:
- Games to be published: All new projects will be submitted by game studios in compliance with Iskra policies
- Decision-making process: Fully led by community governance proposal and voting
- Percentage of collected platform fees allocated to Iskra Team: 0%
Note: The specific schedule and details for each phase are subject to change
We eventually want to act only as an autonomous community member in the same way as other stakeholders. Iskra will no longer collect a separate share of platform fee allocations at this Phase.